Welcome to Adar Birth Services online.
By your side in the Childbearing Years.
Adar Birth Services provides parents with warm and informed support throughout pregnancy, labour, birth and the postpartum period, while also focussing on helping parents to access their own deep wisdom.
Upcoming Events: Doula Speed Dating!
Find a doula that you really connect with! Doula Speed Dating provides you with an opportunity to meet a variety of local doulas so you can quickly and easily narrow your search or find your ideal match on the spot!
Calendar of Upcoming Events
- Birthing From Within © Prenatal Classes - A holistic approach to childbirth education that combines traditional information on pregnancy, labour, birth, breastfeeding and parenting with activities to help you to discover what you need to know to give birth.
- My Smart Hands © Baby Sign Language - Have fun with your baby and other parents while you improve your ability to understand what your baby thinks and wants.
- Birth Doula Services - Physical & emotional support, evidence-based information and advocacy to help parents during labour and birth.
- Breastfeeding Counseling - If you experience breastfeeding challenges, you can get the help you need in the comfort of your own home. Day and nighttime help available.
- Postpartum Doula Services - A helping hand for you and your family in the early months. Day and nighttime help available.
- Massage - Get in touch with your ability to enter a state of deep relaxation and experience relief from many of the common discomforts of pregnancy and the postpartum period.
- Workshops - Learn more about topics dear to your heart and mind. Workshop offerings include: Finding Your Bliss, Baby Sign Language, Accessing Your Coping Skills and more.
- TENS Machine Rentals - Experience the benefits of this safe, effective drug-free method of pain relief. TENS units are widely accepted by midwives, doctors & hospitals.
Please browse through the site for more information on the various services provided.
What does "Adar" mean?
© 2003-2009 Adar Massage and Birth Services
"You are assisting at someone else’s birth. Do good without show or fuss. Facilitate what is happening rather than what you think ought to be happening. If you must, take the lead, lead so that the mother is helped, yet still free and in charge. When the babe is born the mother will rightly say, "We did it ourselves"
(From the Tao Te Ching, Lao Tsu 5th Century B.C.)